29 август 2017

Bugs! Eww! / Бррррръмбари!

I hate insects, especially the stinging ones. But when I was a kid, I played with a variety of critters, including lizards, frogs, worms and... bugs. One day we found a big stag beetle and left it under a large plastic truck for the night. To our disappointment and surprise, it was gone in the morning! I have even more interesting stories to tell but... not today. Today I am going to show you two pendants with Swarovski elements and silver plated wire that I made for the August 2017 Inspiration for the Honey Do List with... bugs.
Определено не си падам по насекоми, особено жилещи. Но като деца сме си играли с какви ли не твари - гущери, жаби, червеи и... бръмбари. Веднъж бяхме хванали грамаден бръмбар-рогач и го оставихме покрит под един голям пластмасов камион за през нощта. За наше огромно разочарование и изненада, на сутринта установихме, че е избягал! Имам и други доста по-интересни истории, но за това - друг път. А днес ще ви покажа висулки с елементи Сваровски и посребрена тел, които направих за поредното предизвикателство по снимка от този блог с... бръмбари.



I am pretty happy with these free style wire wrapped pendants, even though it wasn't my intention to concentrate on the beetles 😃
Харесвам резултата от свободното моделиране с тел, макар и първоначално да нямах намерение да се концентрирам само върху бръмбарите 😃


You can see the creations of our host Sarajo and the other participants here.
Тук можете да видите какво са сътворили домакинята на предизвикателството Сарахо и другите участници.

6 коментара:

  1. Here I thought I was the only girl who played with lizards! LOL I didnt know that swarovski had beetle beads. They are quite interesting to look at and will make great earrings too.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Yeah, we would tie them with thread and let them compete in puddles, cruel kids! But we let them free after the game and went hunting for them again next morning. No lizard was hurt in this game! The beetles came out just recently and I had bought them for earrings but had only very boring designs in mind :)

      Изтриване
  2. Those beetle crystals are awesome! I almost used some of those dark green/purple Swarovski pearls too but they ended up being too dark for the rest of my necklace design. Fun pendant designs you came up with! I'm impressed with your wire work. Thanks for playing along with us this month!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Sarajo! I had just ordered the crystals and thought they were perfect for the inspiration!

      Изтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!