31 август 2019

Fantastic Creatures - Octopus / Фантастични същества - октоподът

My first encounter with octopus was when I read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne with the original illustrations. No movie, including popular science ones, could ever overshadow that first impression. And I have also read Jacques Cousteau books that were no less enthralling. Octopus is the theme of the August challenge on Art Elements.
Първата ми "среща" с октопод беше в книгата "Капитан Немо" (или "Двадесет хиляди левги под водата") на Жул Верн. Нито един филм, било по книгата, било научнопопулярен, не успя да засенчи това първо впечатление. А съм чела и книгите на Жак-Ив Кусто, които бяха не по-малко увлекателни. Та, октоподите са темата на августовското предизвикателство в блога Art Elements.
🐙🐙🐙
The first thing I'm going to show is this pair of earrings. Please, tell me you see tentacles, too! I twisted them in the last moment, hoping that several hours of wrapping don't get wasted :)
Първо ще ви покажа тези обици. Кажете, че и вие виждате пипала! Усуках ги в последния момент, надявайки се, че няма да пропилея няколко часа увиване с тел :)



I'm so happy to have found the time to sketch.
Доволна съм, че успях да намеря време и за една скица.



Also, I made a laundry line hanging octopus. Why laundry line? Because it needs space and it likes it there :) I'm planning to upgrade it to wind chime later...
Освен това направих и висулка-октопод за простора. Защо за простора ли? Защото има нужда от място, а и му харесва :) Възнамерявам да го "повиша в длъжност" вятърен звънец, но малко по-нататък...



And here is an old Sleepy Octopus pendant :)
Ето и един стар "Сънен октопод" :)



Look at this majestic creature!
Вижте това величествено същество!


This is a blog hop and you don't want to miss the creations of the other participants below. BTW, I will be late hopping, just so you know :)
Убедена съм, че няма да съжалявате, ако прегледате и творенията на другите участници в предизвикателството:

Guest artists:
Karen
Kathy
Melissa
Michelle
Rozantia - you are here
Sarajo
Tammy

Art Elements Team:

10 коментара:

  1. Your wire work is fantastic! The tentacle earrings are super fun and the larger sculpture piece is amazing. The sketch is great as well.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Tammy! Making the sculpture was new to me but now I feel more confident :)

      Изтриване
  2. I love your washing line octopus, what a fabulous idea, I like to see things in 'odd' places as it makes me smile. Great Octopi pieces :D

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Laney! At first, I wasn't sure about the laundry line but it just looked in place there :)

      Изтриване
  3. Well done! I definitely do see tentacles!
    My favorite is your sleepy octopus, though :-D

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Cat! I intend to squeeze more out of the tentacles idea now that it other people see them, too!

      Изтриване
  4. The laundry line Octopus is such an interesting use of the form. If its too pretty to hold of wet clothes, you can use it organise stoles or scarves. The tentacles look great as well.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Divya! For the time being, I intend to use it as an ornament but you gave me an interesting idea about the scarf organizer :)

      Изтриване
  5. I absolutely see tentacles in those earrings! The twist really makes it. And, your sketch is divine! I think I remember you sharing that in Instagram. Or, am I remembering that wrong? That laundry-line octopus is something else. He's going to make a magical wind chime! You definitely rocked this challenge.

    ОтговорИзтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!