23 юли 2017

The Peacock Effect / Ефектът на пауна

Inspiration for the Honey Do List: July 2017
Вдъхновение от него за нея: юли 2017

I will never forget the first time I saw a peacock with his feathers fanned out at the Sofia Zoo! Then, for years, I wanted peacock feathers for home decor - don't judge me, they were so hot and I was just a little girl 😄 As I couldn't and wouldn't compete with nature, I created a modernistic interpretation of this unsurpassed natural beauty. I haven't decided on the finishing touches yet - chain or beaded necklace.
Никога няма да забравя първия път, когато видях паун с разперена опашка в Софийския зоопарк! Както и това, че години наред исках да имам пера от паун вкъщи за украса - моля за снизхождение, беше модерно, а аз бях малка 😄 Със съзнанието, че не мога и не искам да се меря с природата, създадох модернистична интерпретация на тази ненадмината красота. Още не съм решила как да завърша тази висулка - с верижка или наниз.


But the peacock effect was difficult to shake off and a second minimalist interpretation was made.
Оказа се, че не е лесно да се отърсиш от ефекта на пауна и последва втора минималистична интерпретация.


Materials: copper wire, stripped from an electric cable, jewelry copper wire, silver plated jewelry wire, crystal beads, Czech beads, glass pearls. The copper wire pendant got oxidized in my DIY oxidizing jar. You can check out what everybody else made here.
Използвани материали: медна тел от електрически кабел, бижутерска медна тел, посребрена бижутерска тел, кристали, чешки мъниста, стъклени перли. Патинирах висулката от медна тел в самоделното бурканче за патиниране. Можете да видите какво са направили другите участници тук.


6 коментара:

  1. Peacock feathers are indeed beautiful. Their gem tones really appeal to me too. I like your interpretation of them. The first one especially calls to me. I think it's the organic shape you made with the copper. Nicely done!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Hope! I am really proud of the first pendant. Something was missing until I attached the swirl on top, which I had made just to test a new wire I had stripped from an electric cable. It was pure luck that it fit :)

      Изтриване
  2. Ooh! I really love that first one and can't wait to see what you decide to do with it. It definitely evokes the feeling of a proudly strutting peacock! Thanks for playing along with us this month! Check back on August 1st to see what Eric dreams up to inspire us next.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Sarajo! July's challenge was a real pleasure to take, the picture is beautiful!

      Изтриване
  3. Great job on these! I like the top one the most due to the cool wire work!

    ОтговорИзтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!