31 юли 2018

Seed Pod Jewelry / Бижута със шушулки

Compared to flowers, seed pods may even look ugly. But they carry the seeds of life and rebirth. No wonder there are many legends about them, as you will learn from AJE blog, where they star in the July theme challenge (thanks to Jen Cameron). At the time the challenge was announced, I was trying to master Kathy Frey's dimensional wire wrapping (this post). One of the shapes she's teaching is seed pods. I made some earrings with mine:
В сравнение с цветчетата, шушулките (семенните кутийки) може да ви изглеждат дори грозни. Но те носят семената на живота и прераждането. И са породили много легенди, за които можете да научите от тази публикация в блога AJE за юлското предизвикателство, което е... шушулки (благодарение на Джен Камерън)! В момента на обявяване на предизвикателството се учех на 3-D увиване с тел по уроче на Кати Фрей (тази публикация). Един от моделите е семенна шушулка (за себе си го бях кръстила "пирамидка"). С моите направих обици:




I also made some pods my way - they have a loop on one side and close like a box (sort of) on the other. I might share the how-to later :)
Също така, направих шушулки по друг начин - с халка от едната страна, а от другата се затварят като кутийка (или нещо подобно). Мисля дори по-късно да ви покажа как точно ги правя :)


This challenge is open to all types of art and media, I am heading to check out what amazing things the other participants have made - they always do!
Това предизвикателство е отворено за всякакви видове изкуство и изразни средства, отивам да видя какви забележителни неща са сътворили другите участници! А те са:

Guest Artists:
Cat 
Rozantia - that's me! Това съм аз!
Art Elements Team: 

44 коментара:

  1. Very pretty, great interpretation of the theme

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Very cool! I have thought about trying a technique like that before, but failed once and haven't come back to it yet.
    You and your beautiful pieces definitely inspire me!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Cat! I was so inspired by this look that haven't stop making wire wrapped pods, trying to master the technique :) There are more to come!

      Изтриване
  3. Beautiful seed pods! I love all your designs but those first earrings are definitely my favorite-beautiful!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Cathy! There is some airiness about the first pair, I guess. I started filling the pods later just because I wanted to see how they would look :)

      Изтриване
  4. These are lovely!! That first pair of earrings are my favorite though I can't say why. I love the wire work. Thanks for sharing!!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Raven! I'm glad you like them, I'm not sure which one I like more - the empty pod or the pod full of beads? I made one half-full (not shown here), just in case but I'm still hesitant :)

      Изтриване
  5. These are beautiful! I do love the first pair of earrings as well! Great job!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Sue! Looks like I need to make more of them, they're everybody's favorites!

      Изтриване
  6. From cages to seedpods, your wire-wrapped projects are exceptionally beautiful!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  7. Stunning work! I love the wire seed pods! Filled with tiny treasures makes them even more fun. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Hope to see you for next month's challenge too.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  8. Love the earrings, they are awesome. I am putting together a trend forecast report for work and including your earrings as inspiration

    ОтговорИзтриване
  9. Thank you for sharing the technique. It was completely new to me and I love it. Your earrings are wonderful.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Sharing is the least I can do, especially with people who have a lot more to share and do so :)

      Изтриване
  10. Your pods look really cool! I love how you created dimensional tiny sculptures with wire and turned them into lovely jewelery! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване
  11. These are so lovely. They look like poppy seed pods that are completely dried. Your wire work is exceptional.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  12. Your wire work pods are lovely - but so exciting when they are filled with beads/gems. Gorgeous. And a creative way to match up your class with the theme. Glad you could join us!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Jenny! It was a lucky coincidence but one that encouraged me to diversify the original project and it felt quite satisfactory!

      Изтриване
  13. I think you've nailed your wire-wrapping technique! Beautiful work. I like filled and un-filled alike. I also love them on a necklace.

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Alysen! I, too, cannot decide if one is more beautiful than the other and will keep making both ;)

      Изтриване
  14. You know I'm loving your wrapped cages, but envisioning them as seed pods makes them even more awesome. Most excellent work for this challenge.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  15. Your wire-work pods are amazing! That is such a cool effect! I'm especially in love with the earrings you made with them.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  16. Gorgeous wirework, I particularly like the earrings, I'd wear those a lot!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  17. Отговори
    1. They are very fancy, aren't they :) And I owe you because I learned about Kathy Frey first from your blog!

      Изтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!